Don’t die of dysentery
Reblogged on January 21st.
Hi everyone, after game testing this drinking game for almost 3 years its time I re-edited the game with some changes. Please understand that the original posting for this game was 2011 and times have changed. I have since come up with some great rule changes that will make the game go smoother, and be more fun everyone so enjoy.
Welcome fair travelers!
Here are the rules of the Oregon Trail drinking game, its moderately complex so you might want to print this out. If you’ve played KINGS CUP you might be familiar with some of the rules already.
For the record, myself and two buddies of mine came up with the rules, so partial credit is due them as well. Feel free to come up with your own rules as you see fit.
As for right now, I can guarantee you that you will only need to play this game once. This game should be the first thing you do to start the night.
What you will need:
- A deck of Cards
- A coin
- A Ping Pong Ball
- Lots of Beer
- Hard Alcohol
To start- Shuffle the deck and place the cards on the table similar to this:
This is how they should look when you’re all done.
How the game should look when you start.
Once the cards are placed, take turns going around the table each person pulling a card and following the instructions. The instructions for each card are listed below.
Ace - Monument or landmark card – toast to the landmark, everyone drinks.
- Be sure to set aside all the aces before dealing the cards.
- place the aces in the 13th, 26th,39th and 52nd positions. When you’re laying the cards out on the table Add in one ace when you’ve gotten to the previously mentioned numbers.
2 – Disease card, the person to draw this card, takes the card and places it in front of them. They must take a shot (Or if they want, forgo a shot of hard alcohol for 4 SHOTS of their current drink)
- IF the same person pulls two disease cards (pair of 2s) everyone else does a coin flip. Hold one hand up in the air if you call heads, hands down means tails. Flip a coin, everyone who lost the flip has to take a shot. (if you lose the flip you may not substitute your shot)
- IF the same person somehow miraculously pulls a third two, (three of a kind) everyone at the table has a choice. Take a double shot of hard alcohol or take all of your clothes off.
3 – Physical injury or impairment, The person who draws this card has an impairment placed on them completely thought up by the person to their right.
- Example: Since Bobby drew the card, Bobby must now speak in a high-pitched voice or Bobby must now drink using both hands.
- Bobby cannot use the word “The”
- Bobby must shake his head back and forth for “No” furiously before taking a drink.
These impairments last until the end of the game.
4 – Ford the river, pass the drawn card using only two fingers to the person on your left, the card is passed around the table until it is passed to the drawer of the card and the table wins. If the card is dropped everyone takes a drink.
Pass the card using only two fingers per person.
5.- The Drover, You are the leader of the wagon train. You don’t have any power but you ARE NEVER ALLOWED TO HAVE AN EMPTY BEER IN FRONT OF YOU. EVER. (that means 2 open drinks) You also must get drinks for the thirsty travelers. If anyone is out of beer or needs a refill you must get it for them. If anyone goes to bathroom you must guard the door, if someone leaves to take a phone call, you follow them until they are done. LEAVE NO ONE BEHIND. failure to follow this rule will result in taking a shot of alcohol if caught by anyone. If another person pulls a 5 you are no longer the drover.
6. 6 shooter. (HUNTING) Whoever draws this card gets ONE ping-pong ball and ONE opportunity at any time to throw the ping-pong ball at anyone’s bottle/cup thereby making them finish that drink entirely (be warned if you miss your shot, you have to finish your own drink instead.)(Also, be sure to use the ping-pong ball quickly as the next person to draw a 6 will immediately get possession of the ping-pong ball and you will forfeit your chance. ONLY 1 ball in play at any time.) Only one shot allowed per card drawn.
7. Indian attack! The last person to make a bow and arrow with both their arms and yell a war cry has to drink.
8. Oxen Eulogy One of your oxen has died, the person who drew the 8 names the oxen. Example, “George.” Go around the table giving a one to two sentence eulogy for George. “George always pulled the hardest” “George made friends with all the kids” “George had the cleanest and shiniest hooves any ox could ever hope to have.” Points for thinking up the most creative – be sure to drink after each eulogy.
9. Wagon Master – makes a rule. That rule stands until the next 9 is drawn.
Examples of rules:
- The wagon train is made up of all British people no speaking in American accents.
- Its windy out, every time you take a drink put a hand on your head to hold your (imaginary hat down)
- Any time you miss a “Ford the River” everyone finishes their beer.
10. Rations – the player who draws this card gives 10 drinks divided any way they choose among any number of players.
Jack- Jackass who broke the wagon wheel. The person who draws this card is the end of a waterfall. A Waterfall starts to the left of the person who drew the Jack. When the person to your right has stopped drinking only then may you stop.
Queen- All ladies drink
King- All men drink.
Failure to follow any of these rules will result in taking a drink. Good luck have fun and be safe!